Orthopedic Wound NGS is a comprehensive wound pathogen panel provided by Tesis Biosciences. One simple swab collection provides fast, definitive identification of targeted pathogens.
- Faster and more specific diagnosis leads to faster healing
- Therapeutic recommendations provided with each report
- Targets key Bacterial, Viral, and Fungal Pathogens
- Saves money
Orthopedic Wound NGS outperforms the standard wound culture as more than 85% of bacterial pathogens do not grow out fully in culture. NGS can detect anaerobic organisms growing deep inside a wound that a standard culture would often miss.
The following list includes conditions that are known to affect surgical wound complication rate:
- Immunocompromised state: diabetes; autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus; cancer; long-term corticosteroid therapy; or any patient receiving chemotherapeutic agents or medications that dampen immune response.
- Altered states of perfusion: chronic respiratory conditions such as chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, vascular disorders including peripheral vascular disease, hypertension or hypotension, coagulopathy, smoking.
- Advanced surgical wound classification
- Radiation therapy
- Unintentional weight loss
- Female sex
- Longer duration of surgical procedure (greater than two hours)
- Emergency procedure
- Pre-operative sepsis
Panels that are offered at Tesis Biosciences include:
- Osteogenesis lmperfecta NGS
- Osteogenesis lmperfecta
- Decreased Bone Density NGS
- Orthopedic Wound Panel